Saturday, July 12, 2014

BLOGPALOOZA: PART THREE! Another Super-Busy Day, Part Two: Ukulele Workshop with Victoria Vox

It's time for BLOGPALOOZA: PART THREE!  Just a few more hastily-written posts, and we'll be all caught up!

Sal and I were very excited when we found out that Victoria Vox  would be coming to Marrell Music to do a ukulele workship and house concert on June 27th.  Victoria is an extremely entertaining singer/songwriter/ukulele player!  She did a house concert at Marrell Music last year -- and it was a great time!   (If you're interested, you can read about it in this post.) 

This year Victoria would be doing a workshop in addition to her concert.  We would be learning to play her song, Technicolor Way.  It sounded like a great time... and then I realized that Sal and I were already committed for the evening, so would not be able to attend the concert.  :(  But I was happy to find out that the workshop was perfectly timed so we could squeeze it in between the daytime trip to the Butler Institute (see yesterday's post) and the evening's previously-planned event (to be described in the next post).  :)

I listened to Technicolor Way on CD, in hopes that I would be semi-ready to tackle it.  The strum pattern of the song is quite complicated, but Victoria rolled it out step-by-step so that many in the group were able to catch on.  I was able to do some of it, but as a world-class klutz, there were parts I couldn't do.  My hope was that I would practice it very slowly at home, and soon be strumming like a champ.   Unfortunately, due to time issues (I don't have any), I have not practiced and have, therefore, forgotten what I learned.  Happily, one of my Flea friends has been practicing, and seems to have the pattern down pretty well, so I will be asking her to show it to me again. 

When the workshop was over, I quickly bugged everyone to pose for the photo below, and then rushed off to my next engagement.  Why is it that there are times when a person wants to go out and do something, but there is nothing to do -- and other times there is a plethora of great options!?  My friends who stayed for the concert said it was wonderful, and I'm sure that is true.  Hoping that Victoria returns to the area soon!


Victoria and Sal posing with a bunch of happy Cleveland Jumping Fleas!
.



No comments:

Post a Comment