Friday, July 11, 2014

BLOGPALOOZA, PART ONE! Sal Sees Incredible Fiddlers: Natalie MacMaster, Donnell Leahy, & Kids

On June 22nd, a friend and I went to Cain Park to see The Masters of Fiddle at Cain Park.  Ordinarily I would have spent a few days writing and rewriting, and then posted about the evening.  Obviously this didn't happen.   Unfortunately -- or fortunately, depending on how you look at it -- Sal and I have been so busy that I didn't have time to write!  I'm planning to knock off all the posts that are in the pipeline in the next two days so we can start from scratch.  The posts will be short and lacking detail -- but they will be finished!  (It is possible that some of Sal's readers will be grateful for the brevity...)  I will be calling this series of posts BLOGPALOOZA!

On to the concert!  It was a beautiful night -- perfect weather for an outdoor musical experience.  And the show was incredible!  Amazing music.  We loved every minute of it! The Masters of Fiddle are Natalie MacMaster and her husband Donnell Leahy -- both absolutely mind-blowing fiddlers.  What a fabulous night! 

We arrived early enough to check out the merch table before the show.  This very friendly guy assisted us in deciding what to buy.

While wandering about with Sal in hand, I came across these two ushers.  The lady plays the uke herself, so I gave her a Cleveland Jumping Flea card to entice her to come to a playalong sometime.

Natalie MacMaster and Donnell Leahy have six children.  Here are two of them showing that they have inherited their parents' fiddling talents.  Seeing them play confirmed my view that it was time to put my violin back in the closet.  I'm sure that even if I practiced for years, I couldn't play as well as those two little kids already do!

Here are four of the kids demonstrating that they are following in their parents dancing footsteps.  Amazing!

I was very glad to say hi to these incredible performers and get their picture with Sal!


No comments:

Post a Comment