Saturday, July 19, 2014

BLOGPALOOZA: THE FINAL POST! Sal Goes to Another Ukulele Singalong!

I am so glad to be wrapping up BLOGPALOOZA!  Sal and I have several things going on in the next few days, but I'm going to try hard not to get so far behind again.  Can't take the stress!  ;)

On Tuesday, July 8th, the performing group of the Cleveland Jumping Fleas did a Ukulele Singalong at Middleburg Heights Library.  I brought Sal along, but didn't get a shot of her.  We were all so busy before the show (getting the room set up and doing a bit of last-minute practice) and after the show (taking things down and chatting with adoring fans), that I neglected to photograph poor Sal.

As for the show... The audience was great!  There were 79 people there, and most were singing along and having lots of fun.  (A couple of preteens were obviously forced to come, but other than that, the fun seemed pretty universal.)  We received many favorable comments afterwards, so were feeling pretty good.  After the weeks of practice, and the nervousness some of us suffer when performances draw near, it was a huge relief to be finished with what turned out to be a pretty darned good show!

To celebrate our awesomeness, a bunch of us went to Perkins afterwards.  We talked about how the show went and about possibilities for the future.  I decided to take a Sal photo at the restaurant, but had left my camera in the car.  At this point in the evening, I didn't have enough energy to go out and get it, so I took a photo with my phone instead.


From left to right:  Nicole, Bruce, Holly, Emily Ann and Sal, Jeff, Lisa.

Can't end a show without credits, so thanks go to...
Jeff - Musical Director (as well as uke player, singer, and harmonica soloist)
Bruce, Nicole, Holly, Lisa, Thomas, Terrianne, me - Uke players, singers, and soloists on banjolele, train whistle, and kazoo
Emily Ann - Guest Performer
Anne - PowerPoint Slide Changer
Sal - Morale Booster



No comments:

Post a Comment