Saturday, January 3, 2015

Sal Goes to Peninsula to See Dom Flemons

On September 27th, Sal and I drove to Peninsula to attend a concert by Dom Flemons at the GAR Hall.  During the course of the amazing evening he played guitar, banjo, harmonica, bones, and quills.  And sang.  Wow!  He was accompanied by a charming bass player, too.  What a great show!


Sal on the GAR Hall stage before the show.

Another shot of Sal on the stage.  She always enjoys being in the limelight.  (She's even been called a camera hog!)

The show's opening act was Grace and Tony.  The themes of their songs were quite dark, but as a fan of true crime, etc, I enjoyed them quite a bit.  Their last song - Let You Down - really got me where I live.  As a matter of fact, I bought a whole cd just to get that song!


Grace and Sal.

Tony rockin' out with Sal.

Dom Flemons and his bass player - happy to be with Sal.  The show was so fantastic that I bought a vinyl record -- even though the cd was on its way from Amazon and I don't have a record player set up.  Just had to have that record!


My apologies to the very cool bass player -- whose name I have forgotten.  He wanted to try a more serious pose with Sal - and here is the resulting shot.

Sal and I are looking forward to Dom Flemons' next visit to our area!

No comments:

Post a Comment