Friday, January 9, 2015

Sal Does the Full Cleveland (but not fully...)

Hooray for Peet McCain!  He had a terrific idea and made it happen -- The Full Cleveland!  On the morning of October 11th, a bunch of people gathered on the far eastern edge of Cleveland, with the goal of spending the day walking all the way to the far western edge.  Sal and I wanted to be a part of this, and were able to spend the first half of the day doing so.  In the afternoon we had to go get ready for Music for the Millwheel, which you can read about here, but the morning was all about participating in The Full Cleveland! Because of some clock issues, I missed meeting up with the group at the starting point -- the Stokes/Windemere Rapid Station, but found them at Lakeview Cemetery.  


The Full Cleveland group -- including Sal -- at Lakeview Cemetery.  I am taking the photo, but am represented by the bright yellow ukulele.  A couple of us brought ukes along to play as we traveled across the city.  We did find a couple of occasions to play -- and it was fun!  Gotta spread the uke joy!
.

Peet had planned a really nice route for us, including a stop at Coquette Patisserie, where we had beverages and fantastic goodies. 



Sal with the fabulously decadent treat I selected from the plethora of delicious-looking choices.

Yes, I ate it all!  And it was fantastic!


After a very pleasant interlude at Coquette, we walked over to the Case Western Reserve University radio station and had a very cool behind-the-scenes tour.



Radio lovers!












Walking through the CWRU campus toward the Cleveland Museum of Art, we came across this statue.  It was an obvious place for a Sal photo!

The Full Cleveland group by the fountain in front of the Art Museum.

Sal's portrait at the Art Museum fountain.  For some reason I always feel the need to use iPhoto effects on fountain shots of Sal. 

The group was librarian-heavy! Sal was hanging out in my bag for this photo.  (She doesn't have a finger to shush with!)

Sal and I were having a great time!  We enjoyed stops at a couple other locations, and wished to continue, but our Full Cleveland ended at Gallucci's -- where everybody was getting something to eat.  It smelled heavenly in there, and I was wandering around trying to decide what to get, when I checked the time.  Uh-oh!  It was time to rush off to meet my performing chums and prepare for Music for the Millwheel!  I'm hoping that next year Sal and I will be able to do the full Full Cleveland II!



No comments:

Post a Comment