Friday, July 10, 2015

Sal's Missed Opportunity to Meet Marcy Marxer and Cathy Fink

On May 29th, I attended two workshops by Marcy Marxer and Cathy Fink at the Beck Center for the Arts.  What a great experience!  In the morning they performed wonderful music for us and taught us much about using music in our work with young children.  They encouraged all the teachers and daycare providers in attendance to learn to play the ukulele and use it with their young charges.  YES!

In the afternoon they conducted a ukulele workshop.  The group was divided into beginners and more experienced players.  I went with the beginners so I could get some ideas to use in the ukulele program I'm doing at the library this summer.  I learned a lot from both of these super-cool ladies!  Looking forward to their next visit to Cleveland!  I will be signing up for whatever workshops or classes they offer!


Rushing out of the house in the morning, I left Sal behind.  Bummer.  I would have liked to get her photo with Cathy and Marcy -- entertaining presenters and inspiring teachers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment