Friday, July 10, 2015

Dala Meets Sal's Card

Many months ago my friend Heidi invited me to go to a Dala concert in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park.  I checked out a couple of Dala's videos online, and decided that YES, I wanted to go to the show.  The videos reminded me a lot of another duo I really enjoy - Lily and Madeleine -- so I figured I would like Dala, too.  I was not disappointed.  What a delightful evening!  I loved their sense of humor and their music!  I bought a CD and have been listening to it a lot since that April night.  I've also been working on their song Lennon and McCartney on my ukulele.  It's got lots of barre chords, and is quite a challenge, which is forcing me to work on those chords.  I really want to play this song!  Thanks, ladies, for the great incentive!  If any Travels with Sal readers want to try it, too, here it is:  http://www.dalagirls.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Lennon-and-McCartney.pdf

Come back soon, Dala!  I will be at the front of the ticket line! 


 Why didn't I bring Sal to the show!?  Huge oversight, which of course I regretted.  The ladies of Dala were good sports, though, and posed with Sal's card.








No comments:

Post a Comment