Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sal's Emergency Trip to Ikea! (We Will Miss You, Expedit...)

My son Christopher has vinyl fever.  Like many other similarly afflicted individuals, he uses Ikea Expedit shelving to house his record collection.  Imagine the chagrin felt by Christopher -- and many others in the vinyl community -- when they heard that Ikea is discontinuing the Expedit line!  This news spurred Christopher to make an emergency trip to Ikea to purchase some Expedit shelves before they are all gone.  I was invited to go, too.  (I would like to think it was because Christopher enjoys my company, but let's face it, it was probably mostly because my car is bigger than his -- haha!)  The drive went well, and we had lots of fun talking as we traveled.  I am happy to report that we were able to get Christopher's shelves -- and the picture frames and other small items I wanted to purchase.  Sal went along for the ride, as the pictures below show. 


So sad to see the "last chance" tag on Expedit...  Sal fits so well into the album-sized cubbies.

Apparently a mother never loses the ability to embarrass her child.  I asked Christopher to hold Sal and stand by the Expedit shelving with a sad look on his face -- indicating his feelings about the end of this line of shelving.  He was willing to do so, but we had to wait until all other customers were out of the area.  To me his expression indicates more "I've gotta humor Mom here, but I feel very silly about it," than "I'm gonna miss Expedit."

 I always take a picture of my Swedish meatballs when I visit Ikea.  (Gotta have traditions!)  Usually I just take a photo with my cellphone camera and post it on Facebook.  This time Sal got to be a part of the dinner festivities.  (Actually, I included a similar picture in a previous Travels With Sal post.  Here it is:  http://travelswithsal.blogspot.com/2013/11/sal-goes-to-workshop-and-ikea.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment