Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sal Attends the Second Saturday of the Best Picture Showcase

Yesterday Sal and I attended Part Two of the Best Picture Showcase.  Almost all of the Chatty Showcase Regulars were able to attend this week.  Hooray!  We met at Bob Evans for breakfast and then drove to the AMC Ridge Park Square Theater for another day of movie watching and discussion/debate.  (If you don't know about the Showcase -- or about the Chatty Showcase Regulars -- please read this post from last week for all the information you need.)  Of course Sal was excited about seeing the last five Best Picture nominees, and happy to pose for pictures with the -- you guessed it -- Chatty Showcase Regulars!


Chatty Showcase Regulars with our favorite theater manager!  From left to right:  Heidi, with tuxedo-clad Paul behind her; Diane; me; Raenell with Sal; Christopher; and Colin.  At this point we have already seen three movies, so we can be forgiven if we look a bit dazed.

Our last movie, Gravity, was shown in 3-D, so I had to get a shot of everyone with their 3-D glasses on.  Sal is the only one not wearing hers in this photo.


As I did last week, I will share my Facebook mini-reviews:

Nebraska = 2 thoughts.
1. There is so much more to a parent's life than the children know (sometimes a good thing...)

2. I hope my kids are as kind to me as David was to his exasperating father.

Captain Philips = Intense x 100!

Her = This year's Tree of Life... Tedious + weird.  (The only good thing was the appearance of a ukulele!)

American Hustle = <3 this movie for so many reasons!

Gravity = Implausible plus! Meh. (I know I am in the minority on this.)   

Sal and I are excited to watch the Oscars tonight to see if our favorite movies and performers will win... and we're already looking forward to next year's Showcase! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment