Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Sal Poses With Some Hellebores

It's Spring!  The good news is that the weather is glorious!  The bad news is that there is TONS of stuff to do to get the garden in shape!  I have LOTS of flowerbeds, and they are full of leaves, last year's dried up stalks, and a new crop of weeds.  Over the past few days I have spent quite a few hours cleaning out flower beds -- and only a fraction of the job is done -- but I must confess that I am enjoying the process.  It feels wonderful to be out in the fresh air, to discover that most of my perennials have survived the horrible winter we just had, and to see how much better the beds look after I'm finished.  And I'm not sick and tired of pulling weeds yet!  On the other hand, it's been several months since these particular muscles have been used, so I know I'm going to feel achy and exhausted until my body becomes accustomed to laboring in the garden again.

On Sunday evening, as I was outside filling tub after tub with the above-mentioned detritus and dumping it on the compost pile, I decided to take a break and bring Sal out to join me.  It seemed to me that she should have her picture taken with some of the lovely hellebores that are blooming right now.   They are a treat for the eye -- and so is she!

This was an experiment.  I knew that the flower would be in focus and that Sal would be out of focus, but thought the photo might be interesting.  I think it is!

Taking Sal photos in the garden is a real challenge for many reasons.  In this case I solved the problem of a too-tall stem by putting Sal on a brick.  I think the resulting picture is pretty neat.









No comments:

Post a Comment