Sunday, October 20, 2013

A Meeting of the Blogs: Sal Has a Long-Anticipated, Long-Awaited Rendevous at Squire's Castle!

When I started Travels With Sal a few months ago, I was the only active blogger in the family, but soon my sister started blogging, too.  Her blog, titled Life With Lili, is all about her outrageously cute dog.  After reading her posts and seeing the great pictures that she was posting, I started thinking that having adorable Lili photos in one of my posts might attract Lili's fans to my blog -- and that photos of the lovely Sal on Anne's blog might send Sal's fans to Life With Lili.  I asked Anne if we could do a photo session together -- a meeting of the blogs, so to speak.  I'm happy to say that she agreed.

Having heard much about Squire's Castle through the years, I asked if we could go there.  Anne, who has been to the castle many times, agreed that this would be a fine destination.  Now the problem was finding a time to go.  Between work, house and yard projects, and some fun with the Cleveland Jumping Fleas, time rushed by for me.  Anne also had lots going on, but Friday, finally, was the day!  And what a beautiful day it was!  Sunny and cool, with lovely fall foliage...  who could ask for anything more!?  Well, maybe a titch less sun would have been better, but I'm not complaining!  Fall is my favorite season, and the day was absolutely spiffing!

This post features some of the photos I took on our outing.  You can read about Anne's take on the day's events -- and see her awesome photos -- by going to Life With Lili.



Sal on the sign in front of the castle.


Inside the castle there were tons of great spots to take photos.  Anne had warned me several times that Lili doesn't like to have her picture taken -- even though she is extremely photogenic.  It turned out, however, that Anne's fears about possible canine noncooperation were unfounded.  Lili couldn't have been a better model!  It's obvious that Anne has put a lot of effort into training Lili -- and the results are impressive.  Lili sat still for gobs of photos.  We got pictures of Lili looking at us, and not looking at us, and even pictures of what I was hoping for -- Lili and Sal "interacting" (which really means Lili looking in Sal's direction).



I'd like to think that Lili is looking at Sal, but she probably just heard something outside.  ;)

This would be a great picture to use for a caption contest, I think.



After taking a bunch of photos inside, we walked around outside the castle for a while, looking for the best places to take more pictures of Sal and Lili.



It was time for Sal's close-up! 

I turned around to see that Lili was having individual portraits taken, too!


As we walked around the corner, we saw the perfect location -- but we were not alone in thinking so.  A young lady was posing for her senior pictures there. While we were waiting for the photographer (who had one of the biggest lenses I've ever seen) to finish, we had a brief conversation with the soon-to-be-graduate's mom.  I gave her a Travels With Sal card, so I hope she checks out this post (and keeps reading future ones, too -- hint hint.)  Later I thought that we should have asked the daughter to pose for a photo with Sal!  (I don't think she would have included such a photo in her album of senior pictures, but who knows?  Stranger things have happened...)



The coast was clear -- time for Sal to pose at this picturesque end of the castle.

I love this! 

Awwwww...

Gotta love the antique effect and edge blur in iPhoto.  They turned what started out as a meh picture into something pretty cool.

Time to get Lili in the act.  I wonder what she was smelling on Sal -- that uke has visited all kinds of places!

Anne giving Lili a kiss for being such a super-cooperative girl. 
 

At this point I suggested taking a meta picture.  These shots are the result...


I went outside and shot the scene from outside....

... and at the same time Anne took a shot from inside.  Lili's expression totally cracks me up!


We were having fun, but it was time to get going.  We stopped to take some final pictures of Lili and Sal.  We wanted to get a few shots of the two of them on a blanket on the lawn.  First we put the blanket in the sun, but it was too bright and the pictures didn't look so good.  Then we put the blanket in the shade, and ta da! 


Anne getting Lili ready for yet more picture-taking.  Thanks, Lili, for being such a good sport!
I love this picture.  Unfortunately, I didn't take it.  Thanks, Anne, for letting me use your great shot!

That's all folks!  Be sure to visit Life With Lili to see Anne's version of the day's events!  Since we didn't discuss what we were going to write, I can't wait to read it myself!*

*I hope she says nice things about her big sister!  ;)


1 comment:

  1. Lili does not seem to comprehend the significance of the Ukelele...

    ReplyDelete