Friday, May 31, 2013

Sal Travels Without Me In An Attempt To Make It BIG (Literally)!

Every year the Cleveland Orchestra gives a free concert on Public Square to celebrate Independence Day.  This year, in collaboration with Cuyahoga County Public Library, there will be a Jumbotron video before the Orchestra begins to play.  The library advertised for local music groups to be taped for possible inclusion in this video.  Jeff, one of the fabulous Cleveland Jumping Fleas, thought it would be a good idea for the Fleas to participate, and arrangements were made.  I couldn't play along, so to speak, because I had to work the evening of the taping, but I felt that Sal must be there.  Bruce, a fellow Flea, was kind enough to pick her up and take her along to get her photo taken at this exciting event.  The best laid plans don't always work out, however, and Sal didn't get her picture taken with the whole group.  There is a picture of her hanging out at the rehearsal, though, thanks to one of the hard-working CCPL staff.  Thanks, Dave!

Bruce picks Sal up and takes her to the taping.  Love the historical/patriotic hat!  This is the only picture in this post that I took.  I stayed at work, and Sal went to the taping without me.  :(

Sal hanging out at the rehearsal. (Thanks to Dave for taking this photo.)

More Fleas have arrived and the rehearsal is in full swing.  Sal is already out of the picture -- literally -- but she and I are with the group in spirit.  (Thanks, Thomas, for letting me use this photo.)
The incredibly talented and attractive Cleveland Jumping Fleas!  I sure hope we get to see them on the Jumbotron!  (Thanks again to Thomas for allowing me to share this photo with you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment