Sunday, April 14, 2013

One Last Day at the Film Fest...

Today was the last day of the 37th Cleveland International Film Festival.  The closing ceremony is always held around the fountain in Tower City and I decided it would be a fun photo opportunity for Sal.  Since there would be so many people there, I thought of doing a "Where's Waldo" sort of thing.  To put the plan into action I asked my friend Heidi to hold Sal up while I stood on the second level and took a picture of the crowd.  The idea was to ask those looking at the blog to see if they could find Sal in the crowd.  After taking the picture, I realized the idea was a dud.  I know where Sal is, and I can't even see her!  Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.   Here's the picture anyway.  :)

I would have needed a panoramic camera to get the whole celebration in the picture, which would have made the almost impossible task of finding Sal even harder! 





I took a couple of other Sal pictures, too, since I brought her along.  Here are today's film-going companions in front of the cool tile mural at the West 65th Street Rapid Transit Station. 


And last but not least, I got a picture of Martin Lund, the director of the delightful children's film Twigson Ties the Knot with Sal!  He came from Norway to attend the festival because two of his films were being shown.  The other one was The Almost Man -- not for kids, but a super film, too.  I think he thought I was a bit of a nut for asking him to pose with the uke, but he was good-natured about it.  (And let's face it, the project is a bit nutty -- but that's okay!)

Very dark photo, I know, but it was taken in the theater and the lights were obviously very low.  Didn't want to impose by asking him to go someplace with better lighting.  He was on the move!

No comments:

Post a Comment